A poker table is a world for the poker lovers. Generally designers take traditional and stereotyped approach while designing poker websites. The high competitions compel site owners to focus more on Marketing than design. Review the established sites for getting the inputs and then start with:
If you are planning to design a new poker site then you must take in consideration below mentioned points to attract more Visitors.
1. User Friendly Interface
Website must have an attractive and user-friendly design. Every New player must find it easy to go through the designs. A Good website provides a platform for smooth play and assists new players to take the initial steps. It gives standard options like call, raise, pot, double pot, half pot, check, check/ fold etc.
Site must be secured with SSL. Providing a safe play, cashiering and safe downloading of the software is important to gain users.
3. Deciding The Programming Platform
Though programming platform do not affect the basic design but it’s important to decide programming platform. Flash player programming don’t require to be downloaded on system while PHP based programs requires to be downloaded. PHP program are faster in results but requires to be downloaded which most of the user avoid.
4. Planning Registration Process
Most important is to understand the competition in the business. A simplified registration process attracts more visitors on site. A good site must take the necessary information of user and must keep the registration process simple.
5. Simplified Cashiering Process
Simple Cashiering process means simple Deposits and withdrawals procedure. Design must help the user with attractive purchase Offers. A good poker design must guide the users to make the cashiering easy for them.
6. Playing Format
When it comes to playing format, responsibility of designers gets multiplied. Layout, Colors, programming platform, components, navigations and content all have to be used in most précised way to play high in Competition.
Layout Of Poker Site:
- Easy user friendly layout with easy navigations is most required thing of a poker website. If page takes more than 10 seconds for loading, User may feel exhausted. Avoid using too much graphics because every unnecessarily added graphics makes the page heavier.
- Avoid using large images and background images as they only distract user and makes the webpage heavier. Advertisements on site must be small and précised. Pop up windows gives a tough time for users; avoid them until not very necessary.
- A good layout takes every design aspects in consideration like number of the persons on table, shape of the table and standard options of playing. Traditionally Poker tables are Oval shaped, but designer can give a different shape for a good look for example hexagonal, octagonal or round tables. Another important aspect is size of the table as every player on the table uses some space. A large table takes much space and time and hence the ideal table sizes for 9 players.
- Navigation, registration, Login and promotional purchase offers are required on every page. Rest of the layout components can be on home page. Using good font size that is visible to the user is also important.
Use contrast in colors. Good poker sites use darker colors with bright highlights to create the casino atmosphere.
8. Easy Navigation
Basic navigation options are Home, Rules, About Us, Registration, Cashiering, Promotional Offers, Tutorials and Navigation To Poker Rooms. A good navigation gives wings to sites. Some other options of navigation can include Players table, referral, and best promotional deals.
9. Basic Content
This involves designing the lobby and important buttons to bring the visitor in the real world of poker. Lobby is a place where visitors select a suitable table to play. This shows the list of the tables of different stakes and limit. For example no limit 100/200 stakes table offers play at 100/ 200 as small and big blind stakes.
10. Online Gaming
Most of the players come on poker sites to practice and get attracted to the game and site. A good site design can bring them to real world of online gaming with timely reminders. A site must remind such free chip players that they can join on the real game with real money chips. Cashiering on the real table must be easy. Promotional offers must try to hold the players on the table for a longer time.