Businesses, regardless of how long they’ve been operating or the products and services they’re offering, need a website. A website can become a platform for businesses to inform the general public of their existence. Most importantly, a website can serve as an avenue to make transactions with customers from all over the world. It’s one of the most convenient and easiest ways to reach out and market to customers. However, coming up with a website just for the sake of having one is not enough. The website should be carefully designed in order to increase conversions. It should be aimed to entice online visitors to buy from the business, and not just browse through the website and then leave.
If you’re a business owner, you know how crucial a website design is. Aside from representing your brand, it can also make or break your chance to create professional relationships with customers. For you to improve your website design for better overall conversions, use the tips below:
1. Make everything easy for the user
If you want to improve the conversions from your website, you don’t have to be an IT geek to do it. There are simple steps on how you can achieve that goal – and making the user’s life easy through your website is a good start. Remember, the goal of your website is to have sales, not bombard the users with animated GIFs. Pay attention to the following details:
- Accessibility: Your website will be useless if it can’t be accessed at all. Instead of wooing the customers to choose you, they’ll prefer to do business with your competitors. This can lead to lesser sales in the long run. Make sure that whenever users visit your website, they’ll be able to open the page with ease. Your website should also be accessible using desktop computers and handheld devices. Creating a website which has a responsive design is something U-Thrive Marketing Tulsa can help you with.
- Readability: Call to action buttons are important to make a sale on a website. However, placing these buttons in small fonts or at the very bottom of a page isn’t very helpful. First-time users might have a hard time finding these buttons, and they’ll end up closing your page. Call to action buttons should always be in bold, screaming colors (if possible) to gain attention from users. It should be clear and obvious on a website.
- Usability: Sure, the pictures of your products might be posted on the website but how can users benefit from it? Do you provide the list of specs for each product? Can it be accessed online or should it be downloaded? The usability of the products or services you’re offering should be indicated on the website. This will convince users how useful your offerings are.
2. Being honest and open counts
You’re also a customer, and you know how annoying it can be when you decide to purchase an item online, place it on your shopping cart only to find out that the item is out of stock during check out. Never do this to your website. When your product is out of stock, indicate the information in the very first page. Don’t let your users go through a very long process and disappoint them at the end. The same principle also applies to price. If the prices of your products don’t include the shipping fee, inform the users about it. You can also offer quotes to users so that they’ll have an idea on how much they’re going to pay for your products and services.
3. Don’t waste time
Users don’t have the luxury of time. It’s safe to assume that they’re occupied with too many responsibilities that’s why they’re using your website in the first place. If you want to improve your overall conversation, don’t waste their time by asking too many questions. If you want them to sign-up to your e-mail subscription, asking for their full names and e-mail addresses is enough. You won’t need their location, age, and gender during this process, right? In the same manner, don’t demand the users’ phone numbers before they can download a file from your website or require them to make an account before they can even make their first purchase. Always make the buying process fast for your users.
4. Make it easy for users to trust you
Many users are hesitant to do business online. With technology, it’s easy for anyone to disguise themselves as a legitimate business and fool users by getting their money. For users to trust your business, your website should contain a physical address and a phone number. Showcasing customer feedback in one part of your website also helps.
The design and content of your website are also factors if users should trust you or not. If your website isn’t designed effectively, it can look very unprofessional. If your business won’t spend time and money to produce a decent website, how can users guarantee that your products and services will be worth their money? The same is also true when it comes to the content posted on your website.
5. Know your USP
Your USP or your unique selling proposition is what makes you different from the competition; your USP is your brand. This is something which you should indicate on your website. Keep in mind that users might be viewing other websites which have the same offerings as you so give them the right reasons to choose you. If your business has free delivery, a good track record for decades or 24/7 customer service, tell users about it. Get this point across as clearly as possible. Your USP might be the only thing a user is looking for before they’ll decide to buy a product.
Every Detail Counts
Your website can play a significant role in the success of your business. It can help with different aspects of your business, especially in gaining customers. For your website to earn positive results, you should pay attention to its design first. How information is placed in certain areas of your website will always influence your user’s buying decision. Consider the tips from this article, take time to implement these on your website, and for sure, you’ll be able to improve your conversation rates over time.
About The Author: Bill Sheikh
I am the founder and CEO of U-Thrive Marketing, one of the premier digital marketing and website design companies in Tulsa, Oklahoma USA. I have helped hundreds of businesses across the Midwest United States put their business on the map online. I specialize in creating more customers for the businesses I work with by utilizing proven online marketing tactics such as SEO, Pay Per Click Advertising & Social Media Marketing. I also have a team of experts that work on my team that specialize in website development, website design and graphic design. Along with having an extensive background in digital marketing, I have been personally featured in many national and local publications with subjects related to vthe ariety of digital marketing topics.